Oh yeah, last Thursday was the beginning of fourteen weeks for this illness, which is finally beginning to get better.
I have to watch my talking 'quota' so I do not strain myself. I have some kind of muscle lump behind one of my shoulderblades rat has been working on but it will not go away quickly. It keeps my back hurting but is slowly getting better. The anti-inflamatories are helping to a degree and the Ben-Gay works as well.
I had a fasting blood test Monday in preparation for my physical the last week of 2004, when I usually go in for 'maintenance. The campus is closed and everyone gets the week off between Xmas and New Years.
I got the results of the blood work back today before I left the office. Seems my thyroid med needs to be increased. It was decreased a few years ago when it was causing my heart to race and I was losing weight for an unknown reason. That it is low again definitely explains why I have been so sleepy all the time the past weeks. And here I first thought it had something to do with going off the steroid and me needing to catch up on my sleep. I have to move around periodically at the office to keep from falling asleep at my desk and it still does not help sometimes. My right eye begins to sag then I am rolling my head around stupidly. So, I have to take the amount I was taking a few years ago, .175, for a month, then get another blood test. Luckily I still have enough of the old pills so I do not have to make a trip to the doc for samples for a month.
I am also getting a temporary crown the week I am off, with the real one fitted Jan 10. The tooth was fine until the dentist jabbed that sharp tool into the old filling. I have been suffering with what I thought was TMJ for the past few days, then realized my jaw was okay but I had a lump inside by my jawbone - just irritated. It is not a bad pain, just a little annoying. It will be fixed soon so I am pretty much ignoring it.
Xmas Shopping and Giving
Because I have not been able to get out, I finally did my main Xmas shopping Sunday. I am pissed off Container Store did not have all the stocking stuffer gifts I was wanting for the office but they said they sell out of them quickly. The keychains with the eyeglass cloths inside were perfect since all but one wear glasses, but they were out. Luckily, plan B got me something for some people - Xmas ornaments. The little watercolour paint kit went to one boss and a bunch of ornaments and a funky tape measure went to the main boss.
Everyone got their gifts on Monday. It originally looked like no one was going to show up to work but me and J but everyone ended up coming in before grades were due so I was able to pass out the gift bags.
Oh, you will get a kick out of this - the main boss gave me a present last Friday before the office party - a box of chocolate mints and a book called, - are you ready for this? - KOKIGAMI! She knew I had written a story about it so she got me the book! That's great because I cannot find our copy, which is the old edition and no longer available. The tiny paper costumes DO show up again, in a cameo role, in one of my working stories.
To Stay or to Leave...
I think I am going to have to drop the lj community, yaoi_daily, because I cannot keep up with it! I only look at Aja's entries now. I feel overwhelmed with boy love!
Mail Call
Well, I am finally getting to my long-neglected mail...
Got a card and fancy chocolates from the Taylor family - THANK YOU! It's the perfect gift for the holidays! rat and I haven't opened it yet. I think we are waiting for Xmas to enjoy them, while watching anime, of course! *HUG*
Great Xmas card, Aja! But when I am bad, I am better! *naughty laugh*
Got some goodies I won on eBay. Yes, I even got a Vegeta keyring! I made a comment on feedback about wanting another and the guy says he has one and will sell it to me for the same price. Yay! Now I can put one on my keychain.
Bad News, though. One of the seller idiots sent me the DVDs for someone's Xmas present. I suspect either Joules or Lutra's goodie was sent here instead of there. Grr.
Hard to Believe
I cannot believe the Alliance Chronicles have been completed! It is a sad day, but I know Joules and Lutra are ready to get on with new writing projects. And I don't see it as being over because I know the Chronicles will always be something special to me! The characters are unforgettable, to the point I was inspired to draw! I still have some stuff to complete for that series sitting in the 'finish these, damnit!' file.
Stunned
One of our ren faire friends was working security for Dimebag last Thursday. Yes, Jeff is dead, one of the four murdered. When he gave me a hug, I felt like I was a size 3. The Scottish Games will not be the same without him. He was one of those big men who was all muscle, probably almost seven feet in height, a pleasant, smiling face and one of the sweetest men you would ever meet.
I miss him.
To end on an up-note - You Tempt Me, Woman
Aja, I now want to buy more icons.... Evil....
another up-note - Car Status
After finding my Geo Metro with a flat tire in the campus parking lot last night,
discovering rat was not at home,
freezing my ass off trying to get the trunk cleaned out to get to the spare (the hatchback does not stay open so if you are not careful it will cut you in half),
finally getting rat on the phone,
having him come out change the flat (now in the dark) to the spare that had not been touched since I bought the car in '94 (the tools were still in the original plastic),
driving on the spare until it blew out a few minutes later,
driving on the rim to the gas station to get some air,
paying for air and finding out the tire was no longer sealed to the rim (popped the bead) and was wiggling around,
having to wait 45 minutes for AAA to arrive,
finally towing it to the tire place where it may be broken into by tomorrow morning (the only saving grace is the fact the wind chill was 37 outside so we could only hope vandals would not want to go out in the cold to do damage)...
The car was there and unharmed this morning. I took rat's car to the office. rat found out later this place did not have my size tires (too small) but the guy looked at the almost new treads, took it in the back to patch it, and did not charge us for it! So my spare is full, my tire is 'well' and we did not have to shell out sheckles!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*